Frequently Asked Questions
How do I get started?
How much do you charge for lessons?
What is premium membership?
Along with enjoying a hefty discount on ongoing Skype sessions each month, the premium membership of your choice also comes with access to our premium tools including the famed Vowel Translator, Consonant Guide and booster warmups.
Along with the general Terms & Conditions stated below and the terms provided by PayPal upon signing up as a monthly member at Bohemian Vocal Studio - this is a friendly reminder that credit is to be used MONTHLY. Credit does no carry over to the following month and will be cleared the day your membership lapses or is renewed pending the new month's credit. The hefty discount provided on sessions with a monthly membership at Bohemian Vocal Studio is on a monthly basis and does not apply beyond the current month or if your membership has lapsed. As per the terms below, refunds will not be provided for credit that is not used within the stated month.
How long have you been teaching?
I've personally been singing for almost 20 years (I started around the end of Highschool) and started coaching professionally through Bohemian Vocal Studio in 2010 - our YouTube channel and website then launched in 2014.
Where can I hear your singing?
How is your course different to "......................" course
What is the secret - is it compression, or Vowel Modification?
There is no 'secret' or 'trick' to great singing - you simply need to apply yourself and learn to communicate with your own voice in a way that allows you to sing with your full range free of strain. When it comes to learning how to sing, I'm sure you'll agree that buzz words and confusing terms suck - so I avoid using them where I can in place of practical and tangible instructions that actually help you sing better.
I like "....." but you're cheaper
You're right, I don't charge the sun and moon to help people sing better. But, I'm also not the "budget" version of your favourite YouTube guru - save your pennies and go with the coach you prefer. I'm only interested in working with singers who are invested in my approach, and more importantly, invested in improving their voices. This is why I don't do "reaction" videos on YouTube and focus more on practical coaching instead - sure, I get less views, but you get actual practical advice that will help you sing better!
You're not really a baritone!
Do you teach screaming?
No. You can learn to sing with distortion and grit using the three levels of compression taught in the Growth 101 course, but it's not a specific focus of my coaching. Check out Melissa Cross or one of the the many other false fold screaming approaches out there - I'm a rock guy at heart, but I'm not into screaming and don't recommend it.
I have nodes/a vocal issues - can you help me?
This is a tough question - I've had some singers come to me with various issues (even a partially paralysed fold) and we've achieved great results with care and practice. However, I'm not an ENT, and my approach is purely from the perspective of vocal technique - I suggest seeing a physical specialist first to ensure there is no ongoing issue, and then I would give the voice a generous rest while taking serious stock as to how the issue occurred. Singing should be easy, strain free and comfortable at all times. If you have a special issue with your voice, please do contact me first before trying the foundation course - it may or may not be suitable for your particular situation.
My voice hurts/my voice is hoarse/I can only hit a note by pushing
What is the Foundation Stage?
What is the Growth Stage?
What is the Balance Stage?
Why don't you do "reaction" type videos?
Can you give me a lesson for free?
My range is B0 to C7 - am I a good singer?
I'm sure you jest - how much of that is usable, practical range? Don't worry so much about range and voice type for now, focus on building a great foundation and learning how to sing actual songs!
I didn't use the course/premium content
As per the below terms and conditions, usage of the premium contents provided with a membership is entirely your responsibility. Whether you've used the course or not, I have spent considerable time on providing the materials, designing the course, time and effort researching and of course my own money not only learning to sing, but also investing in my approach as a teacher - therefor, no refund is applicable where you haven't used the content at Bohemian Vocal Studio.
I haven't received the course yet - what gives?
Course links are automated. Please let me know if you don't receive your link within an hour of purchase and I'll send it through manually for you. Our system is automated through mailchimp, so if you've previously unsubscribed from our mailing list then the link will not be sent - in this case, please contact me directly at kegan @ bohemianvocalstudio . com
I suggest also contacting me directly through Skype under BohemianVocal just in case your emails are getting directed to spam.
4. While the Company uses reasonable efforts to include accurate and up-to-date information in the Site, the Company makes no warranties or representations as to its accuracy. The Company assumes no liability or responsibility for any errors or omissions in the content of the Site.
5. When you register with the Company and/or this Site, you expressly consent to receive any notices, announcements, agreements, disclosures, reports, documents, communications concerning new products or services, or other records or correspondence from the Company. You consent to receive notices electronically by way of transmitting the notice to you by email.
6. If you send comments or suggestions about the Site to the Company, including, but not limited to, notes, text, drawings, images, designs or computer programs, such submissions shall become, and shall remain, the sole property of the Company. No submission shall be subject to any obligation of confidence on the part of the Company. The Company shall exclusively own all rights to (including intellectual property rights thereto), and shall be entitled to unrestricted use, publication, and dissemination as to all such submissions for any purpose, commercial or otherwise without any acknowledgment or compensation to you.
7. The Company shall use commercially reasonable efforts to restrict unauthorized access to our data and files. However no system whether or not password protected can be entirely impenetrable. You acknowledge that it may be possible for an unauthorized third party to access, view, copy, modify, or distribute the data and files you store using the Site. Use of the Site is completely at your own risk.
9. NEITHER THE COMPANY NOR ANY OTHER PARTY INVOLVED IN CREATING, PRODUCING, OR MAINTAINING THE SITE AND/OR ANY CONTENT ON THE SITE SHALL BE LIABLE UNDER ANY CIRCUMSTANCES FOR ANY DIRECT, INCIDENTAL, CONSEQUENTIAL, INDIRECT, OR PUNITIVE DAMAGES ARISING OUT OF YOUR ACCESS TO OR USE OF THE SITE. WITHOUT LIMITING THE FOREGOING, ALL CONTENT ON THE SITE IS PROVIDED “AS IS” WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND, EITHER EXPRESSED OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING, BUT NOT LIMITED TO, THE IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY OR FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE. THE COMPANY DOES NOT WARRANT OR MAKE ANY REPRESENTATIONS REGARDING THE USE OF THE MATERIALS IN THE SITE, THE RESULTS OF THE USE OF SUCH MATERIALS, THE SUITABILITY OF SUCH MATERIALS FOR ANY USER’S NEEDS OR THE LIKELIHOOD THAT THEIR USE WILL MEET ANY USER’S EXPECTATIONS, OR THEIR CORRECTNESS, ACCURACY, RELIABILITY, OR CORRECTION. THE COMPANY LIKEWISE DOES NOT WARRANT OR MAKE ANY REPRESENTATIONS OR GUARANTEES THAT YOU WILL EARN ANY MONEY USING THE SITE OR THE COMPANY’S TECHNOLOGY OR SERVICES. YOU ACCEPT ALL RESPONSIBILITY FOR EVALUATING YOUR OWN EARNING POTENTIAL AS WELL AS EXECUTING YOUR OWN BUSINESS AND SERVICES. YOUR SINGING ABILITY IS ENTIRELY DEPENDENT ON YOUR OWN PRODUCTS, IDEAS, TECHNIQUES; YOUR EXECUTION OF YOUR VOCAL TECHNIQUE; THE TIME YOU DEVOTE TO THE PROGRAM, IDEAS AND TECHNIQUES OFFERED AND UTILIZED; AS WELL AS YOUR VOCAL AND PHYSICAL HEALTH, YOUR KNOWLEDGE AND YOUR SKILL. SINCE THESE FACTORS DIFFER AMONG ALL INDIVIDUALS, THE COMPANY CANNOT AND DOES NOT WARRANT OR MAKE ANY REPRESENTATIONS OR GUARANTEES REGARDING YOUR SUCCESS OR SINGING ABILITY. THE COMPANY DOES NOT WARRANT THAT USE OF THE MATERIALS WILL BE UNINTERRUPTED OR ERROR FREE, THAT DEFECTS WILL BE CORRECTED, OR THAT THIS SITE, THE CONTENT, AND/OR THE MATERIALS AVAILABLE ON THIS SITE ARE FREE FROM BUGS OR VIRUSES OR OTHER HARMFUL COMPONENTS. YOU ASSUME ALL RESPONSIBILITY FOR THE COST OF ALL NECESSARY REPAIRS OR CORRECTIONS. THE COMPANY SHALL NOT BE RESPONSIBLE FOR ANY PERFORMANCE OR SERVICE PROBLEMS CAUSED BY ANY THIRD PARTY WEBSITE OR THIRD PARTY SERVICE PROVIDER. ANY SUCH PROBLEM SHALL BE GOVERNED SOLELY BY THE AGREEMENT BETWEEN YOU AND THAT PROVIDER. Please note that the applicable jurisdiction may not allow the exclusion of implied warranties. Some of the above exclusions may thus not apply to you.
11. IN NO EVENT SHALL THE COMPANY BE LIABLE FOR ANY SPECIAL, INCIDENTAL, INDIRECT, PUNITIVE, RELIANCE OR CONSEQUENTIAL DAMAGES, WHETHER FORESEEABLE OR NOT, INCLUDING, BUT NOT LIMITED TO, DAMAGE OR LOSS OF PROPERTY, EQUIPMENT, INFORMATION OR DATA, LOSS OF PROFITS, REVENUE OR GOODWILL, COST OF CAPITAL, COST OF REPLACEMENT SERVICES, OR CLAIMS FOR SERVICE INTERRUPTIONS OR TRANSMISSION PROBLEMS, OCCASIONED BY ANY DEFECT IN THE SITE, THE CONTENT, AND/OR RELATED MATERIALS, THE INABILITY TO USE SERVICES PROVIDED HEREUNDER OR ANY OTHER CAUSE WHATSOEVER WITH RESPECT THERETO, REGARDLESS OF THEORY OF LIABILITY. THIS LIMITATION WILL APPLY EVEN IF THE COMPANY HAS BEEN ADVISED OR IS AWARE OF THE POSSIBILITY OF SUCH DAMAGES.
12. You agree to indemnify and hold the Company and each of its directors, officers employees, and agents, harmless from any and all liabilities, claims, damages and expenses, including reasonable attorney’s fees, arising out of or relating to (i) your breach of this Agreement, (ii) any violation by you of law or the rights of any third party, (iii) any materials, information, works and/or other content of whatever nature or media that you post or share on or through the Site, (iv) your use of the Site or any services that the Company may provide via the Site, and (v) your conduct in connection with the Site or the services or with other users of the Site or the services. The Company reserves the right to assume the exclusive defense of any claim for which we are entitled to indemnification under this Section. In such event, you shall provide the Company with such cooperation as is reasonably requested by the Company.
14. This agreement shall be governed by and construed in accordance with the laws of Australia, without giving effect to any principles of conflicts of law. You further submit to the exclusive jurisdiction of the state and federal courts sitting in Australia. If any provision of this agreement shall be unlawful, void, or for any reason unenforceable, then that provision shall be deemed severable from this agreement and shall not affect the validity and enforceability of any remaining provisions.